I made this for the second time tonight. I love the "kick" the potatoes have. I don't add the cheese mixture until the last 3 minutes so the bacon doesn't get overcooked.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 potatoes, cubed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce.
- Add potatoes to bowl.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add potatoes, allow for excess sauce in the remaining bowl.
- Bake potatoes for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add cubed chicken to bowl with leftover sauce and allow to marinate while potatoes bake.
- Mix together cheese, bacon & green onion in separate bowl.
- Once potatoes are done, add the chicken then layer toppings over chicken.
- Bake for additional 15 minutes or until chicken is done and cheese is melted.