Brownie Caramel Cheesecake
"This is a great recipe that gets compliments when ever I make it. It is very rich, and worth the time and calories."
Original recipe makes 1 - 9 inch springform pan
- 1 (9 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brownie mix, 1 egg and water. Spread into the greased pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Stir often, and heat until mixture has a smooth consistency. Reserve 1/3 cup of this caramel mixture, and pour the remainder over the warm, baked brownie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel mixture.
- Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes. Chill in pan. When cake is thoroughly chilled, loosen by running a knife around the edge, and then remove the rim of the pan. Heat reserved caramel mixture, and spoon over cheesecake. Drizzle with the chocolate topping.