Chocolate Fudge Buttercream Frosting
"Easy and creamy chocolate fudge frosting. Tastes heavenly. Use on cooled devil's food cake for a death by chocolate experience."
Original recipe makes 3 cups
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together the butter or margarine with the shortening.
- Sift the cocoa with the confectioners' sugar and add to the creamed mixture. Mix together adding 1 tablespoon at a time of milk to keep mixture smooth. Don't add more than 1/4 cup of milk.
- Add the hot fudge topping and the vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and creamy.