Simple Baked Apples
"The spices, nuts and raisins can be interchanged or omitted depending upon your tastes. This also serves as a great breakfast, side dish, or dessert."
Original recipe makes 12 servings
- 6 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish, or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir spice mixture into apples until evenly distributed. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into prepared dish. Pour milk evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until soft and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving.