These can be a easy appetizer or a light dinner.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa or 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar is good, but a Mexican blend would be good too)
- sour cream (optional)
- olive (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- Cook hamburger until browned.
- Drain the fat and stir in taco mix and 1/2 cup salsa/picante sauce.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Press wonton wrappers into mini muffin cups.
- Spoon beef mixture in cups and top with the 3 tbsp of salsa and cheese, evenly divided.
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 8 minutes, or until the wontons are nicely browned.
- Serve with extra salsa, sour cream, olives and guacamole if desired.