This is an easy to make tasty dish that I clipped from my local newspaper. I especially like that it can be prepared a day ahead.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 20 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups finely shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pan, combine broth, chilies, onion, sour cream, salt, cumin, pepper, soup and garlic; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup mixture in the dish.
- Arrange 6 tortillas over soup mixture (breaking to fit dish) and top with 1 cup chicken and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Spread remaining soup mixture over cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Note: If you prepare dish a day ahead, cover with nonstick foil and refrigerate. When ready to serve, bake 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes more or until bubbly.